[TenTec] Why Stop Here ? Part 2a

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Stop Here ? Part 2a
From: rychard@mindspring.com (Richard Dean Young)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:42
   Hi Brian and all,
 We TenTec owners understand the self-deception that many of you ricebox
 lovers suffer from.We are willing to put up with and tolerate all of
you,hoping for the day when your ears will open, your eyes will see,and
the veil lifted from your minds.We are looking forward to the day when you
will understand which RIG sits at the Top of the Heap.
   By the way,since I started this "Why stop here" thread when I questioned
 using the MFJ ClearTone speaker as a replacement to the built-in PS
speaker,I have learned enough to start thinking that this might be close
to the perfect CW speaker.But someday,maybe someday,someone might want to
turn  on my Omni VI too listen to ssb,who would want to do this I don't
know,but  if such a thing should happen,I'm sure the new listener would
want as good  a sound as the CW listener wanted,should I compromise ?,have
two speakers ?,or just don't give a hoot about some hypothetical future
 ssb operator?
   In the December 1987 issue of QST there is a small article about a
Resonant Speaker system for 1CW,made out of a small speaker,and a short
piece of 2" PVC pipe cut to be resonant at 750 Hz.The small speaker is
mounted at one end of the pipe,and a small tuning plug can be slid in and
 out of the other end to tune the speaker to the listener's taste.I was
 wondering if any of you out there have tried this before,and whether this
 set-up using the MFJ ClearTone speaker might not just be the perfect
inexpenspive CW dream speaker system.
                                           73,
                                           Dean KR4IU