[TenTec] Argosy 525 AF question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy 525 AF question
From: amarriot@Direct.CA (Albert Daniel Marriott)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 06:45:14 -0800
Hello all,

I have a question about the Argosy 525 and its optional 224 filter.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Recently got an Argosy - really like it.  It had what I thought was a 224 AF
installed - turned out to be homebrew -not the real TT 224.  So, I got a 224
from "another" ham store - no instructions included.  I installed the 224,
but when I pushed the button to place it into the cct - there was tremendous
attenuation to the CW sigs.  So, assuming all else is working properly, I
figured that there must be an on board adjustment required (probably to
IF/AF board) to sharpen up the receive sensitivity when the filter is in cct.

Questions:  Is there an adjustment necessary?
            If so, where and what?

Thanks in advance.

73
Dan VE7CTN