[TenTec] Multirigs recap

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Multirigs recap
From: davek@yoda.ee.psu.edu (Dave Kelley)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 11:50:17 -0400 (EDT)
I got a lot of different answers to my question about why some hams
own several copies of the same model rig. The common thread seemed to
be that these Ten-Tec owners like their rigs so much they want to own
more than one!

Some of the reasons cited:
1. A different rig and amp for each band to avoid tuning up after
   changing bands.
2. "Buy low, sell high." Buying a rig at a bargain price, fixing it
   up, then selling it at a higher price as a means to upgrade
   equipment cheaply.
3. Extra rigs at summer homes or cottages.
4. Just can't bear to leave a hamfest or swapfest without bringing
   home a new rig. It might as well be a Ten-Tec!

Thanks for all the replies. I suppose I've had something of a
sheltered ham radio life, and with all the college and grad school,
I haven't had the financial resources to go through a lot of buy/sell
cycles with ham equipment. Hopefully that will change soon!

73 es tnx agn,
Dave NB4J

--
Dave Kelley