[TenTec] 1320 QRP rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1320 QRP rig
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:35:00 -0700
Hello everyone;

Well, yesterday I finally received from Ten Tec one of the birthday
presents that my wife got for me (my birthday was April 13!)... a 1320
QRP transceiver.  I am, however, a very slow and very meticulous kit
builder.  You know the kind that makes sure each component is at the
"right height", each resistor and capacitor is facing the same direction
(if possible), all wires properly painstakingly routed, no flux
remaining anywhere on the circuit board, etc.  Kind of like building a
plastic model for show competition.  I'll let you know how it comes out.
 I plan to use it on vacations, family outings, Boy Scout camp-outs,
etc.

I have built several other T-Kits, and I must say that the components
used are top notch, and the manual is excellent.  In many respects the
manuals are better than the Heathkit manuals (I used to work there).
For one, they have you test the function of each phase before going on
to the next phase, rather than completing the entire project first and
then "plugging it in".

Reid, K7YX