[TenTec] Scout and 6 meter transverter -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout and 6 meter transverter -Reply
From: PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:20:03 -0500
I have played a little with the Scout and the 20 to 6 transverter known as
I remember, the 1206.  A transverter as I see it is less ideal than a
transceiver, but we some times are willing to compromise, such as the
compromises most of us  (me included) have to make in the antenna
sector.
It is an excellent way to get on the air cheaply.  And you should feel
good if you build it your self, since you have then gained some
knowledge, and assembly experience.  To me this last statement says a
lot, since I enjoy building and making it work.
Did you have a specific question?  Some one on this SIG. ,  has the
answer, so ask away.
73 Paul Plasters WA9FFL

>>> Norman Wald <nwald%interaccess.com@internet.rkd.snds.com>
06/25/98 12:09pm >>>

Has anyone used a Scout with TenTec's 10 to 6 meter transverter?

Norman N9NW