[TenTec] Power Supply - Hercules

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Supply - Hercules
From: BDrum5555@aol.com (BDrum5555@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 01:22:10 EDT
Richard,

I have just installed a Hercules II last month and I went with the battery for
my power supply.  I bought a new type of battery, its called the Ultima. It
may be hard to find under its real name but can be bought under the Interstate
Batteries name.  I called Interstate and they said that it is  totally sealed
and will not gas out when charging.  In fact you can lay the battery on its
side or upside down and it will be fine.  It does have 2 pressure release gas
valves on top, though they said it would only open if the battery was waaayyy
over charged and he said it would be hard to do that.  The one I bought is a
deep cycle and is rated at 850 amps.
    I have not yet talked long enough to drain the battery down on one shot
but I think it would last 4-5 hours of transmitting ( thats a lot ).
    I hope this is of some help!

73
Doug KF6BKH

PS  Interstate only sales though garages so have your mechanic order it for
you.  Price is $145.00-180.00.