[TenTec] Power Supply - Hercules

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Supply - Hercules
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:02:19 -0400 (EDT)

> I just got hold of a Hercules amp less the power supply.  Nice amp.

We need to know which Hercules you have. Told Hercules required 48 volts
dc and the Hercules II requires 12vdc. I've seen a pair of 50 amp Astrons
used on the Herc II with good results. I believe the output voltage on
most power supplies is around 13.8 volts so if you opt to use a battery,
you may experience some loss of power. I've not tried batteries on my Herc
II. Keep in mind all the danger warnings about charging batteries indoors!

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky