[TenTec] Power Supply - Hercules

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Supply - Hercules
From: bahr521@earthlink.net (Lee Bahr)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 18:54:23 -0500
I have 5 Astron supplies one of which is in one of my 2 meter repeaters.  This
is
a very heavily used repeater and the repeater draws 18 amps out of the Astron.
Non
has ever failed.  The 20 amp job in the repeater has been in service for 15
years
24 hours a day 365 days a year.  As for crowbar circiut, I would have NO other.
It is an independant monitor of the power supply and will kill it if there is a
failure with the regulator chip.  This chip, by the way, IS overload protected.
Frankly,  I love my Astrons and would buy no other.  Lee/w0vt/w5drc