[TenTec] Contesting

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contesting
From: crobson@erie.net (Chris Robson)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 10:03:46 -0400
>         "". I now have a Yaesu FT-1000MP and as so many folks on this
>reflector has told me, it's really poor for CW. I certainly can not compete
>with most contesters in the antenna area, but I urge all contesters (
>except me, of course) to buy only FT-1000MP's for this upcoming contest
>season as I know that will certainly give me a HUGE edge in the transciever
>department at least, while I use my Omni 6+ with the model 221 (and other)
>filter!!
>

>   Chester Alderman
> Tom - W4BQF
> chestert@pressroom.com

        Can't fool me!! Hi HI.  I can't for the life of me see the advantage of
the FT-1000MP(it is a nice rig) over the Omni 6+(own 2 of them so I'm
biased).  My guest op was blown away with the efficency,receiver
selectivity,and the user friendliness of the Omni 6 in a contest
environment. It all comes down the Stereo mentality, that if it has alot of
Knobs it must be better.

73, Chris KB3A