[TenTec] OMNI VI & TenTec Customer Relations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI & TenTec Customer Relations
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:13:00 -0700
Bill;

What you said in your message below IS worthy of the group's attention.
You cited some of the many reasons we are such loyal Ten Tec users and
fans.

Reid, K7YX

_________________________________
Author:  "Bill" [SMTP:bmarx@bellsouth.net] at MSXGATE
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date:    9/10/98 5:12 PM

Hello,
I want to let the group know about my recent experiences wth TenTec. I
dont want to waste the spectrum and bore anyone but I believe its worth
telling.
 I received my Omni VI back from the factory with upgrade 3. The radio
arrived in perfect condition using the factory box. I had shipped the
radio for the upgrade in need of some repairs as well (the rig was not
new to me).
 I did not receive a letter or notes regarding the repairs I had
expected. The radio and the installation of the new 221 filter worked
perfectly. I sent an Email to Scott at TenTec and he responded
immediatly. I had questions . He described things that took place with
the radio and promised to find out the answers to the remaining
questions.
 Over the next few days and several emails back and forth he patiently
and thoroughly answered and resolved all my issues. The final result was
that while the radio was in need of repairs, they fixed it during the
course of the upgrade thereby saving me the seperate repair costs. They
did not have to do this as I was fully prepared to pay the price to
repair my rig. I was impressed.
 I might mention that when it was time for the rig to be upgraded and
they were not able to reach me by phone they sent me a letter to inform
me it was time to send the Omniv Vi in for the upgrade. I called them
after hours and left a message on their answering machine. I was shocked
when they telephoned me the next day to make sure I knew what to do.
Simply incredible customer relations.
 The rig's performance is beyond my expectations.
 The service and correspondance from Scott and the factory is beyond my
expectations.
 Ive been a ham for over 40 years and have suffered through many
promises of repairs and radios received back in the same unrepaired
condition as sent . I suffered through surprise costs and unanswered
questions.
 My experience with TenTec & Scott Robbins was superior.
 I thought this experience should be shared. I apologize if it isnt
worthy of the groups attention but if one person is undecided it is
worth the space.
Bill W2CQ
W2CQ@qsl.net
www.qsl.net/W2CQ