[TenTec] 961 RFI into my computer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 961 RFI into my computer
From: Rosenberg.Eric@Orbcomm.COM (Rosenberg.Eric@Orbcomm.COM)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:29:57 -0400
My computer (HP Vectra VL5) and monitor (an HP 15" model) are
normally very quiet, so operating with them on isn't an issue.

My problem is my HF rig's power supply. I have a Ten Tec 961
feeding a Paragon I. They both sit on my desktop underneath a
shelf that holds the monitor.  When I turn the power supply on
(it sits on the desk as it has a built-in speaker), I can see
flickering in the monitor...it almost looks like a strobing effect.

Any suggestions as to what kind of filtering I can do
(presumably to the monitor, right?). I don't want to move the
power supply, as it has the speaker.

Thanks,

Eric W3DQ

-