[Fwd: [TenTec] Omni QSK with Alpha's 87A QSK]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TenTec] Omni QSK with Alpha's 87A QSK]
From: w6ru@lightspeed.net (w6ru)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 17:14:07 -0700
--------------2A291E5022B02FCF33D979EB

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 17:09:49 -0700
From: w6ru <w6ru@lightspeed.net>
To: Jim Reid <jreid@aloha.net>, tectec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni QSK with Alpha's  87A QSK

In reference to below...I just measured the "TX EN" RCA jack at about 9 to 10
volts approximately. The "TX OUT" jack has 0 volts. If this 9 volts from "TX
EN" jack does not connect to the "TX OUT" jack then the Omni will not
transmitt. THIS IS A STEADY STATE voltage...present there when the omni is in
RX or TX. This allows a TenTec amplifier to break this loop so the amp is keyed
first then the Omni gets the "go-ahead" to transmit.

For QSK between the Omni 6 and 87A it appears to me that your keyer will have
to key the 87A ("relay" jack) and the 87A ("key out" jack) keys the CW key
input of the Omni.

Now, what to do about SSB ????? Another can of worms.

Terry - W6RU