[TenTec] Value of a built/working T-Kit?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Value of a built/working T-Kit?
From: gmaier@ultranet.com (George Maier)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:42:36 -0400
Hi Cait:

As one who has recently made a decision to purge the shack of all but US made
radios, in my humble opinion, you are on the right track.  That's not to say
that Japanese made radios are inferior in any way, most of them are very good.
But, there's a  real comfort factor in being able to call the factory, ask
questions and get parts with very little hassle. I've only had TT gear for
about four months now, but I now have three of their HF rigs, and a fourth on
the way....and....I've loved every minute of it.

The issue with buying a used kit is; once it's built, the owner has added value
by virtue of the labor that went into building it, and is calculating that
labor into the price. The basic unbuilt kit price is no longer the starting
point.  Of course there are exceptions, but on equipment that is popular, and
in demand, that value-add process is in full swing.

Don't be discouraged;  there's another radio deal around every corner.  Maybe
one of your local techie friends would even build a new kit for you.

Good Luck --- TT forever

George - K1GXT.