[TenTec] Scout Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Question
From: rlubash@poco.mv.com (Richard Lubash)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:43:43 -0400
Just got my first Ten Tec rig and am really enjoying it. I needed a change
and decided to purchase a Scout and give a try to QRP. Well after spending
the last 3 days working Europe on ten meters I just worked Fiji this
evening from NH and I am sold on this little rig (I may let a lot of dust
gather on my 1000mp while 10 is open). My question: Is there any way to
modify the rig for low power control? I would like to use it for QRP and
presently the minimum output seems to be about 5-6 watts I know the 556 was
a Scout without the power module and wonder if there is a *restorable* way
to modify the Scout for 1-5 watt operation.

Thanks es 73,
Richard / N1VXW
Scout's so neat just may have to give an Omni a test drive

Richard Lubash
rlubash@poco.mv.com