[TenTec] Artificial Counterpoise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Artificial Counterpoise
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 08:48:54 -0500
>T T Gang,
>
>Does anyone have comments, thoughts on the use of the Model 1251 RF
>Counterpoise kit?
>I am running an Omni D rig with a long wire for the antenna.
>Would this kit help some in getting a better SWR on 10 meters?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Gordon kf4eib
>Greensboro, NC
>
>--
Gordon and the rest of the list:

I built one and used it in portable operation this summer with my Triton
and a random wire.  It made all of the difference in the world.  Without
it, the tuner was barely able to manage the swr and I had very few
contacts.  The simple addition of the 1251 brought the antenna and tuner
under control and made (according to other hams) a dramatic improvement in
my signal.

I highly recommend it!!!

Steve Weber,
seweber@netnitco.net

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he  thinks he already knows." --
Epictetus

While you're passing out the spam, don't forget these guys:
admin@loopback, $LOGIN@localhost, $LOGNAME@localhost,
$USER@localhost, $USER@$HOST,-h1024@localhost,root@mailloop.com
Chairman Reed Hundt: rhundt@fcc.gov
Commissioner James Quello: jquello@fcc.gov