[TenTec] from a Scout to ???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] from a Scout to ???
From: MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com (MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:09:43 -0500
Bill:

If I were in your position, the choices would be so clear:

1)      Corsair II - Around $800., direct from the Ten-Tec
        Matching VFO - Around $175., direct from Ten-Tec

2)      Corsair I - Around $675., direct from Ten-Tec
        Matching VFO - Around $175., direct from Ten-Tec

I had a Corsair I (my first Ten-Tec radio) that got completely destroyed by
the U.S. Postal Service while enroute to Ten-Tec for a realign.....man, was
that a bad day....anyway, that little radio was an absolute joy to operate,
with its matching VFO and full complement of filtering.  Definitely a
boatload of satisfaction for the money.

I have an Omni 5 now, which I really enjoy operating, but I'll tell you --
when my son gets fully involved with this hobby, I will be purchasing a
Corsair for him -- no other rigs considered -- and I guarantee that ol' Pop
will be sneaking in some latenight CW on that rig.  The QSK on those
Corsairs are second to none.

Best of luck on whatever you choose ----

Mitch  KG9DB