[TenTec] Omni VI Plus SWR null

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus SWR null
From: heimbach@concentric.net (Karl Heimbach)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:36:52 -0600
Gang,

Thanks for the replies concerning the alignment of the Omni VI SWR meter.
R50 on the 9 MHz board adjusts the reflected power indication and C1 on the
low pass filter board nulls the SWR indication.

By using a pair of dummy loads connected in parallel, I was able to adjust
the R50 for an indicated SWR of 2.0.   Using a single dummy load, I was able
to null the SWR with C1 to 1.3.

Now SWR readings on both the Omni VI and it's companion 229 tuner
approximate each other.

Thanks again.

Karl - W5QJ