[TenTec] ten-tec legend and reality

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ten-tec legend and reality
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (W9SN)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 21:49:24 -0500

>That's real funny...I contacted Kenwood with a problem with my HT...They
>very courteously informed me that I should buy a new Kenwood HT, and even
>suggested a model number! (The most expensive model, of course.) If that is
>customer service, they can keep it! (No suggestions on what to do with my
>HT...if it's more than a couple of years old, they won't touch it with a 20
>foot pole.) No more Kenwood stuff for me, I've had enough.
>
>Phil - KB8TRK

A few years back, I shipped an ht to kenwood in Cal for repair (no tx).
They shipped it back to me in worse shape (no tx and now no rx) with
a note attached saying " Unrepairable"  .  I called to complain and the
same guy that answeres the phone is the same joker that is doing the
repair.  When I asked for the man in charge, he says "You got him".
It was a one man band demolition team out there.  I told them I'd never
buy another Kenwood product if my life depended on it.  To this
day, I've kept my promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Ten Tec'n..............!!!
Steve Narducci - W9SN