[TenTec] on ten-tec's primitivy...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] on ten-tec's primitivy...
From: promedia@itnet.com.pl (promedia)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 11:07:34 +0100

--------------32356EEEBA967A0A5D14FB9D

Hi to all, and you Phil,

Well, it seemed to me what I bought it WAS a proffessional Radio.
I paid, at least, for such.
I didn't want and don't want anything for free. Some of you are heavenly
praising the fact
you were given anything. Maybe there must be some Alexes first for some
Bills, Phils
and similar to exist later.

What I certainly found I am talking colours to some who are completely
blind.
You should well accept the fact, that what you get for a proffesional
money is a kind
of an amateurish device. Designed in that manner and  manufactured in
that mannner.
It's primitivity is shown right from the front panel, through that
what's inside, to the last screw
supposed to keep the speaker in place, instead protruding from upper
cover and getting
in direct conflict with the rear panel.
If you cannot see well enough use a magnifying glass. And accept the
fact.

The problem simplicity or primitivity doesn't mean a good operational
quality in this case.
It's simple for you there, to send the rig for repairs, and get it free.
And I understand why.
For such a factory as ten-tec is simpler not to charge a customer for
the repair
because he or she might ask some "trivial" questions afterwards. One
who's not blind might find out
it was factory to blame for that what'd happened. Some might even get a
bit angry....

Since I had enough of that ten-tec's proffesional beating around bushes,
when I asked them
for help, I've decided to maintain paragon's usefulness myself spending
a lot on modifications.
Accept the fact, too.

Ten-tec must first knuckle well over their designing desks to produce
something up to present
standards. It's going to take some time, however.
I wonder if  they can at all  having such a "good" support on the
rubbish they are
filling their boxes with now.
Besides, Primitivity must take its origin from somewhere, too. In this
case it's not so difficult
to point the source.

Anybody who's considering buying ten-tec's must expect and be prepared
for
a lot contacts with ten-tec afterward his "pride and joy" will have
arrived.
Best you could move closer to a post office.
Some will fruit with something free   (shipping excluded).
Remember Alec then, your sponsor...

Yours, as always,

Alec/SP2EWQ

Phil Cuellar wrote:

> > > {snip} Besides.
> >
> > >I'm not happy with the results.
> >
> > >With some rig really being working properly, I would have
> >
> > >doubled the final score,  AT LEAST.
> >
> > >See you all..
> >
> > >Stay happy, but still, remember,  think twice,
> >
> > >before you start reading ten-tec commercials.
> >
> > >Learn from the mistakes committed by others.
> >
> > >It's a part of a universal wisdom, guys...

> Considering his score and his feelings that he should have been able
> to at
> least double it, maybe Alec needs a PROFESSIONAL radio, he is
> obviously too
> "good" an operator to use a radio designed well enough for us lowly
> bumbling AMATEURS! I wish him luck in his search for a better radio.
>
> 73 de KB8TRK - Phil
>
> --

--------------32356EEEBA967A0A5D14FB9D

<HTML>

<P>Hi to all, and you Phil,<B><FONT SIZE=+1></FONT></B>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=+1>Well, it seemed to me what I bought it WAS a proffessional
Radio.</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=+1>I paid, at least, for such.</FONT></B>
<BR>I didn't want and don't want anything for free. Some of you are heavenly
praising the fact
<BR>you were given anything. Maybe there must be some Alexes first for
some Bills, Phils
<BR>and similar to exist later.

<P>What I certainly found I am talking colours to some who are completely
blind.
<BR>You should well accept the fact, that what you get for a proffesional
money is a kind
<BR>of an amateurish device. Designed in that manner and&nbsp; manufactured
in that mannner.
<BR>It's primitivity is shown right from the front panel, through that
what's inside, to the last screw
<BR>supposed to keep the speaker in place, instead protruding from upper
cover and getting
<BR>in direct conflict with the rear panel.
<BR>If you cannot see well enough use a magnifying glass. And accept the
fact.

<P>The problem simplicity or primitivity doesn't mean a good operational
quality in this case.
<BR>It's simple for you there, to send the rig for repairs, and get it
free. And I understand why.
<BR>For such a factory as ten-tec is simpler not to charge a customer for
the repair
<BR>because he or she might ask some "trivial" questions afterwards. One
who's not blind might find out
<BR>it was factory to blame for that what'd happened. Some might even get
a bit angry....

<P>Since I had enough of that ten-tec's proffesional beating around bushes,
when I asked them
<BR>for help, I've decided to maintain paragon's usefulness myself spending
a lot on modifications.
<BR>Accept the fact, too.

<P>Ten-tec must first knuckle well over their designing desks to produce
something up to present
<BR>standards. It's going to take some time, however.
<BR>I wonder if&nbsp; they can at all&nbsp; having such a "good" support
on the rubbish they are
<BR>filling their boxes with now.
<BR>Besides, Primitivity must take its origin from somewhere, too. In this
case it's not so difficult
<BR>to point the source.

<P><B><FONT SIZE=+1>Anybody who's considering buying ten-tec's must expect
and be prepared for</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=+1>a lot contacts with ten-tec afterward his "pride and
joy" will have arrived.</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=+1>Best you could move closer to a post office.</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=+1>Some will fruit with something free&nbsp;&nbsp; (shipping
excluded).</FONT></B>
<BR><B><U><FONT SIZE=+1>Remember Alec then, your sponsor...</FONT></U></B>
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Yours, as always,

<P>Alec/SP2EWQ
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Phil Cuellar wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>>
<BR>> > {snip} Besides.
<BR>>
<BR>> >I'm not happy with the results.
<BR>>
<BR>> >With some rig really being working properly, I would have
<BR>>
<BR>> >doubled the final score,&nbsp; AT LEAST.
<BR>>
<BR>> >See you all..
<BR>>
<BR>> >Stay happy, but still, remember,&nbsp; think twice,
<BR>>
<BR>> >before you start reading ten-tec commercials.
<BR>>
<BR>> >Learn from the mistakes committed by others.
<BR>>
<BR>> >It's a part of a universal wisdom, guys...
<BR>>
<BR>> >>Alec/SP2EWQ
<BR>>
<BR>Considering his score and his feelings that he should have been able
to at
<BR>least double it, maybe Alec needs a PROFESSIONAL radio, he is obviously
too
<BR>"good" an operator to use a radio designed well enough for us lowly
<BR>bumbling AMATEURS! I wish him luck in his search for a better radio.

<P>73 de KB8TRK - Phil

<P>--
<BR>FAQ on
WWW:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A
HREF="http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm";>http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm</A>
<BR>Submissions:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
tentec@contesting.com
<BR>Administrative requests:&nbsp; tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
<BR>Problems:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
owner-tentec@contesting.com
<BR>Search:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A
HREF="http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm";>http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------32356EEEBA967A0A5D14FB9D--