[TenTec] attempted extortion of Ten Tec by Alec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] attempted extortion of Ten Tec by Alec
From: k5pgw@linknet.net (k5pgw@linknet.net)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 15:28:11
Let's look at Alec's libelous, slanderous remarks about Ten Tec for what
they are: Alec is attempting to extort a new radio from Ten Tec by making
derogatory remarks about the most consumer-user oriented company in
America. His thinking is that Ten Tec will GIVE him something TO SHUT HIM
UP!!!  I CAN ASSURE HIM THAT HIS ATTEMPTS TO EXTORT A NEW RADIO OUT OF TEN
TEC HAVE ALREADY FAILED!!!

I am an Attorney and recognize that there is free speech in America
(probably too much of it). I also know that historically Alec has probably
never been able to practice it in Poland for fear of reprisal from his
government. There is some speech that is not covered by that freedom, even
in America, without subjecting yourself to Civil and Criminal liability!!
Yes, I can tell you how no good you are all day and only have to risk your
knocking my head off. And I can tell others how worthless you are, and I am
free to say it! BUT, when I verbalize this criticism of you to others, I
SUBJECT MYSELF TO CIVIL LIABILITY FOR SLANDER. If I put that criticism in
writing and publish it to others, I SUBJECT MYSELF TO CIVIL LIABILITY FOR
LIBEL. TRUTH IS A DEFENSE TO THOSE CIVIL CHARGES, BUT I DOUBT HE COULD
PREVAIL IN A CIVIL SUIT AGAINST HIM BECAUSE OF THE THOUSANDS OF US WHO
COULD TESTIFY THAT HIS STATEMENTS ARE MORE PROBABLY THAN NOT UNTRUE!

EXTORSION IS A CRIME PUNISHABLE BY MONETARY FINE AND IMPRISONMENT!!! You be
the judge of what he is trying to do. IF IT LOOKS LIKE A DUCK, WALKS LIKE A
DUCK AND QUACKS LIKE A DUCK, IT MUST BE A DUCK!!

If I wanted to disuade hams from buying Ten Tec gear, I would be on the air
talking to the multitudes and using other forums to vent my disatisfaction.
He may find a few people (one or two) who will believe him on this
reflector but he isn't trying to hurt Ten Tec sales he is trying to get a
message to Ten Tec who monitors this reflector that "IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME A
NEW RADIO, I  AM GOING TO BAD MOUTH YOU UNTIL YOU DO".   THINK ABOUT
THIS.....IF YOU WERE GOING TO ATTEMPT TO PERSUADE PEOPLE NOT TO  BECOME
CATHOLIC, WOULD YOU GO TO THE LOCAL CATHOLIC CHURCH AND STAND UP AND
CRITICIZE THE POPE AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH????  No, you would go to the
streets and every place where there weren't catholics and talk to those
persons to PREVENT them from making the decision to become one!!

I hope everyone can see why he is MISUSING this reflector and MISUSING US
us by carrying on this attempted extorsion of TEN TEC. Please ignore his
SICK efforts to commit a CRIME and don't be a principal party to it. Ignore
him and don't fuel his twisted, warped diatribe.

I am offended by Alec's presence and respectfully PRAY THAT THE REFLECTOR
MANAGERS UNSUBSCRIBE HIM FROM THE REFLECTOR OUT OF RESPECT TO US AS MEMBERS.

I appologize for the length of this posting, but I have had it with this
extorsionist. Now I will get back to playing with my faboulous, wonderful,
excellent, superior SIX (6) TEN TEC TRANSCEIVERS AND SHOP FOR MY SEVENTH
(7th)
for my new American made GMC van. By the way, I had a Polish vehicle once,
it had only one gear, REVERSE!!. I had to sit backwards in it look out
through the rear window, which made the tail pipe come out blowing in the
direction the vehicle was traveling in. The Polish vehicle was fueled by
horse manure and the smoke from the tail pipe was really putrid. It ran a
maxuimum speed of 13 miles an hour and got 40 miles to a pile. I carried my
fuel with me as long as the horse could keep up, but he finally died from
running behind the vehicle traveling in reverse and was replaced by a
jackass. He wasn't fast enough or smart enough to keep up, kept getting
confused, so I sold him to a Polish importer who appreciated fine breeding
in the Jackass species. Last time I heard from him, he was studying for his
ham license.

Thanks for listening and 73 to all. John, K5PGW, TEN TEC FOREVER