[TenTec] Stability of TT PTO rigs....

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Stability of TT PTO rigs....
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 18:54:16 -0500
As I recall, each PTO was individually temperature compensated
using a small N750 capacitor on the foil side of the circuit
board. Some are better than others. I improved my Corsair I
PTO by changing the capacitor. With a little bit if patience
and math these PTO's can be made really stable. The problem is
finding a source for N750 (temperature compensating capacitors).
I don't see them in the parts catalogs. With synthesizers, PTO
design has become a lost art, but you still find them in all
of the classic Drake, Collins, and of course, Ten Tec gear.

                  73,      Bob WB2VUF