[TenTec] Suggestions for Cleaning Front Panels?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Suggestions for Cleaning Front Panels?
From: w.dillon@ic.ac.uk (Wayne Dillon)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:21:16 +0000
Hi Tony,
I use stuff called 'FOAMCLEAN' over this side of the pond. It's designed
for cleaning computers (keyboards etc.) but instead of aiming the aerosol
at the front panel I spray it into a container and then apply it with a
soft 1/2 inch paint brush, cleaning it off after about 5 minutes. It leaves
a lovely clean panel/case/bail arm/whatever.

Hope this helps'

73! de Wayne - G0JJQ     G-QRP-5233

At 06:42 15/12/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi fellow TT'ers.  Before I "go and ruin something", what is the
>best way to clean the front panels of my TenTec gear?  Noticed
>a bit of "signs of use" around some of the more often used controls.
>Would a "mild" solution of dishwashing liquid be OK or is there a
>preferred method?  Suggestions..."do's and don't's" appreciated.
>Wish each and everyone of you and your families a warm and wonderful
>Holiday Season.
>Tony, W4FOA
>Chickamauga, GA
>w4foa@voy.net
>
>--

Wayne S. Dillon
Maintenance Co-Ordinator
Room 129 Huxley building
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine.
Exhibition Road
London
SW7 2AZ
Tel:    0171 594 9030
Fax:    0171 594 8930
E-Mail  w.dillon@ic.ac.uk

"'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak up and have
all doubt removed."