[TenTec] Corsair vs. Omni??? and 10 contest

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair vs. Omni??? and 10 contest
From: owen@piper.eeel.nist.gov (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:23:58 -0500 (EST)
In message Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:28:23 -0500,
  "K & H Darwin" <darwin@together.net>  writes:

> I notice my Corsair II produces clicking noises if I'm within 5Khz of a
> strong (20 over 9) CW signal on 40 meters.  Also, I hear SSB splatter
> noises within 5 - 10 Khz of the strong broadcast stations on 40.

I don't have this on my Corsair II EXCEPT when the noise blanker is on.
However, if the CW or SSB stations have key clicks and/or some bad close in
spurs you may hear some interference. Do you have the NB on when you hear
this?
  Just to kill two birds with one stone I'll comment on the 10m contest at
this time.
  The Corsair II came through with flying colors again. Operated Phone only
high power using the Ameritron AL80 at 750W out and a Finco 4 ele monoband
beam at 47 feet. Missed a clean sweep of the states by only one, SC. Where
were all the SC stations? The final corrected results are as follows.
804 contacts with 129 multipliers  with a score of 207,432. Thanks to those
of you that gave me a contact and thanks to TT for building such a fine
transceiver.
73 Jim K4CGY