[TenTec] Ten Tec PTO problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec PTO problem
From: AD4YH@aol.com (AD4YH@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:39:44 EST
Hello there Bob & everyone...

I have an OMNI D that also seemed to have the warble soon
after doen a complete rebuild of the PTO. I also notice that
running the PTO to both ends of the travel definitely helps.

I looked at mine pretty carefilly when I had it apart. If I end up
taking it apart again. I will look for the scoring on the shaft again.
(I think I remember that TEN TEC supplied me a new shaft in the
kit, but that doesn't fix the scorin in the raceway.

The other thing some folks do when they re-build these things
is to use silicone grease instead of the "red" stuff. This seems
to last longer and do a better job. It's not on mine tho...

ZUT de AD4YH /UP