[TenTec] T-kit 3140 side tone

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-kit 3140 side tone
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:12:56 -0500 (EST)

My 1340's sidetone is perfect. Sounds like a wiring error to me. BTW. It's
not truely a sidetone. You are actually hearing the signal of your
transmitter. This is by far the smoothest, cleanest and most transparent
not to mention most accurate form of QSK I've ever encountered. Would that
all rigs were this way. I suppose it being QRP makes the QSK switching
easier.

73 N4LQ Steve

> There's a 1k variable pot inside the case that adjusts the side tone level.
> I already have that at its maximum low setting. So there's something else
> amiss, either with the radio or with my construction of it.

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM