[TenTec] RE: Dummy load oil

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Dummy load oil
From: kr4wm@bigfoot.com (Web Williams)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:27:46 -0500
I haven't read all the messages about this subject, so
may be off-base in my recommendation. I went to the
local power company, and they gave me a gallon of
transformer oil for free. All it is, is some type of mineral
oil, and what I got *was* PCB free. When they have
a problem with a transformer, they remove the oil and
store it. They probably have more than they want to
store, and that's why they gave it away to me. All their
oil that had PCB's was supposed to be disposed of a
LONG time ago, so it's a safe bet that they don't have
any of the old PCB stuff laying around. The EPA would
remove their head at the neck if they did! The oil is
relatively thin, and is DESIGNED to transfer heat. It
works very well. 73, -Web