[TenTec] Alternate PS for Omni VI?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Alternate PS for Omni VI?
From: crobson@erie.net (Chris Robson)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:49:57 -0500
Hi Casey,

        I use an Astron 35amp supply on one Omni and the matching TT supply on
the
other Omni. The Astron work fine,however,one needs to have a fused line
from the Astron to the rig. With The matching TT supply, the Crowbar
circuit works much better that fuses when there is an overload condition
and the front speaker is much nicer that listening to the stock speaker in
the back of the Omni(even though I use head phones the majority of the
time). I have tried an old Ten Tec supplied circuit breaker(purchased from
TT when I had my Omni-D Series C rig many moons ago), but the current draw
is just a bit over the rated current trip of the breaker. I have had no
problem with either supply to do the job intended, power the Rig. So much
for my 2 cents.

73, Chris KB3A