Fw: [TenTec] Alternate PS for Omni VI?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TenTec] Alternate PS for Omni VI?
From: Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:52:37 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael O. Hyder <N4NT@bigfoot.com>
To: Jerry W. O'Dell <jwodell@ameritech.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thursday, January 14, 1999 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Alternate PS for Omni VI?

Hi Jerry--
If you will examine almost any Astron, you will find that both the negative
and positive outputs are floating from ground.  This makes the power supply
more useful for those who might need that, but for us it breeds trouble
because RF can get into the voltage regulator circuitry.
I suggest you remove the bolt which provides the negative output, clean the
paint from around the hole where it mounts, and remount the negative output
bolt with no insulators AND using a lockwasher to ensure good electrical
connection to the chassis.  Believe that may well fix your trouble.  I also
added RF bypassing to the positive output lead to the chassis in the form of
a .01 mfd capacitor.
Good luck -
73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net