[TenTec] Frozen VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Frozen VI+
From: DELJAN@worldnet.att.net (Seay)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:55:18 -0900
Well - I've left mine out in the pickup overnight, lots of cold
and lots of humidity. No problem.
I suspect something more sinister with hi "Six".
A suggestion that the trimmer is suspect is not really valid.
Spraying with "Circuit-Freeze" types also introduce a new
dielectric, changing the capacitance of the trimmer. Yeah,
temperature change of the trimmer will move the oscillator, but not
very far, certainly not what he described. And - one sideband
apparently not effected. Got a hunch this one is going to take
some work to fix.
de KL7HF