[TenTec] Model 238 Tuner?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 238 Tuner?
From: k4ldr@sunco.com (Peter J. F. Shaw)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:55:22 -0500
Hi Rich KD0ZV and the group:

Rich, I am grateful that you commented on the Nye Viking ant tuner v.
the T-T 238.

Though I wasn't gonna go purchase a Nye unit in the next ten years or
so, you saved me the grief and disappointment.  I am a 160M fan and if
I had paid the bucks for the Nye and it did't have the necessary 160M
tuning range, I wud hve been tripple bent.

I am looking forward to using the moose air variable given me.  It is
really large.  The  first thing I'll try with it is to increase the
length of my 160M 1/4wl inverted "L" to 3/8wl and use the varcap to
match to 50 ohm feed.  I didn't have a variable big enough that would
handle the power for the 3/8wl so I had to drop back to 1/4wl which
eliminated the matching circuit.  The moose will do it.

Anyway, tnx agn for the personal experience information.  That is
always valuable.

73  Pete K4LDR  Citrus County, FL