[TenTec] questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] questions
From: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk (patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 23:38:50 -0000 (GMT)
I agree that filtering at IF is more effective than at audio, but it
costs more. It is better to get rid of the crud as early as possible
before it hits the AVC system for six. I personally recommend using
the 500Hz filter in BOTH IFs. The 250Hz filter in the first IF is too
lossy/restricting. I do have a 250 in the second IF, but I rarely
use it. The combination of two 500s seems pretty near ideal for CW.
The local club bought an Omni-V and thanks to advice from a non-CW
man they got only a 250Hz filter in the first IF. Nobody likes or
uses it.

John G3JAG

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk