[TenTec] Hot pl tones on my 1220 2meter kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hot pl tones on my 1220 2meter kit
From: The Phreique <slombard@primenet.com> (The Phreique)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:33:13 -0700 (MST)
Hello to everyone out in internet/radio land!  I just built the TenTec
1220 FM Transceiver and had a wonderful time doing so.  The Radio works
great with one exception...  The pl tones are too hot for the transmit
side.  It appears that they come through the repeater output as an anoying
hum.  Someone suggested turning them down, but I'm not sure which resistor
to mess with.  I suspect that it's R107 (150K ohm resistor).

    Has anyone had a similar problem with this on their kit?  If so, do
you have a fixed resistor value that does the trick?

Thanks!

73

-Sterling W. Lombard (KB7JTZ)
 http://www.primenet.com/~slombard