[TenTec] Delta II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II
From: k5pgw@popalex1.linknet.net (k5pgw)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 10:25:07 -0500 (CDT)
Hey folks: I have had the Delta II recommended to me as a MID SIZE mobile
rig. I don't want a micro-mini hf rig because I can't see it to work it and
drive at same time. I have a Scout and it is small enough. I want two vfos
in the next mobile rig.

Could those of you who know the Delta II well compare it to other TEN TEC
rigs in quality and receive capability. How well does the noise blanker
work? What would you compare the Delta II to in present rigs on the market?
What should a good one cost me?

What else would you recommend for mid size mobile? I need at least 100
watts, two vfo's and warc bands. I already have (3)  544 Tritons, (1) Omni
C, (1) Omni VI plus, and a Scout. Have used the 544s and the Scout mobile
for years and both are great. 544s have best noise blanker ever created, but
no warc bands and one vfo only. Scout-good noise blanker, outstanding
receiver, ONE VFO and only 50 watts. So you see what I am looking for.....a
Scout with two vfos. AGAIN, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND? What do you have that you
want to get rid of? PLEASE EMAIL DIRECT!!!!!!!Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW