[TenTec] Ten-Tec Triton IV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Triton IV
From: dslosty@pipeline.com (dslosty)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 02:02:02 -0700
Over the years I've had consistent bandswitching problems in my
Triton IV (otherwise known as the model 540). Bandswitching is sometimes
erratic with symptoms of loss of drive/receive, etc until the bandswitch
is jiggled. I've replaced one or two of the wafers, have a few more
spares on the
shelf, and have tried several types of contact cleaners.  Improvements
are
temporary. The problem seems to be that the wafers are almost but not
completely
sealed with plastic side washers.  The seal is often good enough to
prevent enough
contact cleaner from penetrating but not good enough to keep out
dirt/oxidation.

Anyone have any thoughts/remedies??

73,
Doug/WA1TUT