[TenTec] Ten Tec Tubes sounds great...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Tubes sounds great...
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:33:12 -0400
Yes, Al Kahn was president of Electrovoice at one time. There was
an article about him in Worldradio a couple of years ago. Legend
has it that he supplied Heath with  a load of parts when they were
just getting into the kit business after WW II.

The Heath DX 60 series was a fine transmitter. I still have mine
from my novice days. I put it on CW every now and then. My
companion receiver is a Hammarlund HQ-100A, good for general
coverage, but a bit broad and drifty for serious CW work.
I'm looking around for a better CW receiver from the same
period, like maybe a Drake 2B or 2C with the Q multiplier.

     73,   Bob WB2VUF