[TenTec] 6N2 Multimode Rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 6N2 Multimode Rig
From: pinskeep@iglou.com (Peter Inskeep)
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 09:20:34 -0400
Dear Reflectees:
In all the excitement surrounding the Pegasus, another new Ten-Tec rig
may have escaped notice.  Else, I may have missed mention of it in my
bleary eyed email reading last night when I got home.

It is a six meter and two meter multi-mode rig called the "6N2 All
Mode VHF Transceiver."  Scott mentioned that it would be out this
Fall, and priced in the "under $800" range.  They describe it as
"amateur radio's first IF-DSP design in an all-mode VHF transceiver."
Some info from the spec sheet they handed out includes:
*  FM, SSB and CW operation on both 6 and 2 meters.
*  30 IF-DSP filters in combinations to cover both cw and ssb (not
unlike the ranges covered by the Pegasus).
*  Small enough to go mobile, but "big" enough to be the shack's main
VHF rig.
*  20 watts output on both bands variable down to 1 watt.
*  100 memories, repeater splits, standard and odd.
*  Dual VFOs with split mode, and offset tuning.

There is more, but I won't tie up the reflector.  The size is about 2
3/4 inches high by 8 1/2 inches wide by 8 3/4 inches deep.

I've been looking for a multi-mode rig to cover both 6 and 2.  Now it
looks like I'll have something to look forward to this fall, and all
summer to mow lawns to make enough money to buy it.

Pete, NO2D
Pewee Valley, KY.