[TenTec] 20 Meter Scout Loop Antenna

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 20 Meter Scout Loop Antenna
From: popyackl@rl.af.mil (Leonard J Popyack)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:42:29 -0400
Since I wrote this up for one guy who was interested in my antenna, I will
share it with the group. 73 Len WF2V:
-----------------
Could you describe your loop for me?
>I need something like that.
>Thanks.
>Bill W5EC

you bet. it follows the basic formula 1005/14.100 for total length (about
71 feet, 3 inches more or less -- I added about 1 foot to this for placing
rope holder loops in each corner).

           o--------o
           |        |
           |        |
           |        |

just make a one or two turn loop in each corner of the square, so that you
can hook rope to each corner. the "v" is an insulator. You can just hook
your 50 ohm coax up to each side of the wire, or better yet, place a short
section of 75 ohm coax as the first 8- 10 feet of coax leaving the loop,
then into 50 ohm coax. This is what I do. I think i use RG-6 for the
matching section. But these things work ok by simply connecting to them.

Good luck. This was a field day antenna for our group which I slapped up 3
years ago. Needless to say, I never took it down!

73 Len