[TenTec] Re: OMNI-V S-meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: OMNI-V S-meter
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:18:50 -0500
Hi Curt; you axed,

"Roy,
I have a V...  wonder how I get a hold of one of these Mod kits?  And can
you tell me how they are called out?  It would be good  to be able to
reduce a little of this hiss and QRN at the lower frequencies -- during
crashes, etc."

Thanks in advance.

Curt Herr  K7OQ  cohoq@pcez.com

As I recall, the Mod did have a "scientific sounding name," and sort of a
model number as well. However, since there was only one such free kit for
this purpose intended for the V, it should be easy to describe it to the
guys at TT. It came with quite detailed instructions.

BTW, it helps to always run the audio peaking "fade" control fully CW (wide
open). And use a low pitched CW tone (PBT). If you are a SSB man, then
you're on your own about that part.     :-)

Good luck & 73,

Roy    K6XK