[TenTec] TT vs. INRAD Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT vs. INRAD Filters
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:05:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jim Reid <jreid@aloha.net> wrote:
> Well,  by golly, of course it can!  Put the 2.8
> to fix up the offensive CW front edge "click",
> and put the new 10 pole 2.4 INRAD in the
> N1 spot,  the first 9MHz selectable socket.
> I just might do that,  giving up the TT #221
> 250 Hz filter,  optimized for 500 Hz sidetone,
> as I have not found this one too useful anyway;
> could probably sell it.

Great to know we can have our cake and eat it too
(with both the INRAD 2.8 and 2.4 filters in the 9Mhz
if)!

I would also give up the #221 to make room, but
definitely put it back in for cw contests.

Two notes:
1)  In cw contests, I actually do tune around a lot of
the time with both 250hz filters engaged using a
tuning rate of 1khz per dial revolution.  I love the
slicing and dicing that this TT filter pair provides.
And the Omni is certainly the nicest (least
fatiguing)rig I've ever listened to with such extreme
selectivity engaged.  Actually it's got the sweetest
sounding cw of any rig I've ever listened to, period.

2)  In case you haven't heard, INRAD has announced a
new 2.4khz 10-pole filter for the second if as well.

73,
Barry  N1EU