[TenTec] Omni D Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D Question
From: KF4EIB@aol.com (KF4EIB@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 09:23:41 EDT
Greetings on the 4th!!

Need help with my TT Omni D please.

Three days ago I could tune up to 100 watts on the "D" with TT tuner on
28.425 area of 10 meters, with no problem. Now, all I can crank up to is
around 50 watts. Have to "work" the swr and pwr a little more to get 50
watts.... more than I had to in the past.
Now, on 40 meters, 7.110, works just as before... 100 watts easy with
fiddling with the tuner, more than before it seems. Did have a BIG storm in
between these days though.
Antenna?  Long wire (150 - 160 ft ) up 15 ft. slopes up to 50 ft.
I hope it may be just antenna problems. Suggestion?

Thanks for your time.

73,
Gordon kf4eib
Greensboro, NC