[TenTec] GADZOOKS! PICKY (Omni - noise)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] GADZOOKS! PICKY (Omni - noise)
From: pito@nera.no (Piotr Tomczak)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:26:47 +0100
Well Arthur....

Thanks for your contribution on teh noise subject I started.

I do own the Omni 6+ radio only one month, but I do like it very much
already. I Started the noise discusion since I found it very annoying.
specialy compared to my old TR7A. It is not intention to compare both radios.
My goal was to get rid of the noise. Which I can not do very easy.

A rig for me is a rig and not religion. I do not mind what is its name
TT Drake, Icom, does not matter as long as the rig works fine. Thats I
do not comment losts of 'alusion' to other radio manufacturers.

My Drake did a very good job during the last 15 years and I hope the TT
will do the
same in the next 15 years.
I must mention that befor I was satisfied with the TR7 at that time I
performed some
minor modifications 15 years ago too.

If I find out the problem with the noise on the OMNI, I will fix it if
not I will live with it as well, by reducing the RF gain from MAX to '4clock.

Thanks for comments and sugestions.

Good Luck and Hope to meet you on CW.

Piotr Tomczak LA9HFA
   \\\@///
     ·    ·
Piotr Tomczak           Ham call: la9hfa
Nera ASA                  Tel: +47 6724 3135    Fax: +47 6724 4445
1361 Billingstad         E-mail job:        pito@satcom.nera.no
Norway                      E-mail home:    la9hfa@qsl.net