[TenTec] Trouble Tuning in CW Signals

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Trouble Tuning in CW Signals
From: Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com (Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:27:54 -0400

I'm having troubles using the CW filters and am hoping someone can help.

I tune in a cw signal (or get a spot) using the wide (i.e., no additional)
filter and everything is fine.  When I punch in either
400 Hz filter (I have 1st and 2nd IF models), I can't find the guy. I tune up,
I tune down, and somehow I've lost him...at least for that moment.

My question is whether the center frequency is different when the radio is "wide
open" vs when you put the filters in.

Any tips for making life easier in this regard? It's incredibly frustrating!

Thanks in advance,

Eric  W3DQ