[TenTec] Trouble Tuning in CW Signals

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Trouble Tuning in CW Signals
From: Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com (Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:12:12 -0400

I didn't realize I'd forgotten to mention the radio...it is an Omni-6+

Thanks for all the responses.   The PBT trick seems to be the way to go.

73,
Eric W3DQ

"Dale L. Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org> on 08/04/99 19:32:07

 To:      Eric Rosenberg/OCCVA

 cc:

 Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trouble Tuning in CW Signals

You don't say what radio you are using.

If it's an Omni VI, check (1) that you are in the CW mode, (2),
the setting of your PBT.

If the PBT is too far CW or CCW, you may not hear him at all.

Put the PBT close to 12 o'clock and see if it isn't there.

Maybe you have a filter that is unseated.

Center freq is the same.  It's just that something is shifting
your passband out of where he is.

Put your PBT at 12 oclock, tune him in with no filters, then
punch in your filters and see if he isn't still there.

73,
dale, kg5u