[TenTec] Omni vi+ optical encoder

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni vi+ optical encoder
From: k4aal@jackatak.theporch.com (Ariel Elam)
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 23:02:24 -0500
Hi to All--I have had to replace the tuning encoder on my VI+. Cost
$43.98 shipped from TT. Check the rit encoderfor drag. I believe they
are the same devices, as TT adaised me to interchange their cables(55 &
56 as i remember) to make the rit control do main tuning. perhaps your
rit control has little drag and main tuning drag would be acceptableon
rit. If so, you could then interchange the controls. But then, how long
would the draging control last?

Ten-Tec forever!
73, Ariel,k4aal