[TenTec] Scout PTO replacement...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout PTO replacement...
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 06:36:36 -0700 (PDT)
What you envision might be called a "PEGASUS"

Remember the first advantage of a Scout is that it
does not have a synthesized BFO. Thats what makes it
one of the best receivers on the market no matter what
the price. The only receivers better than the Scout
might be a Drake R4C with Sherwood mods or a Collins
75A-4 or R-390. You won't do much better for ten times
the price of a Scout.

So what if your wrist gets tired from turning the knob
on the scout, it builds character!  So stop whining
and just be glad you were smart enough to own one.
After all a national study found that Scout owners
have an average I.Q. of 175 and are better looking
than most Hams. Scout owners also date a higher number
of super models than any other group of Hams.   Well
gotta go now...Cindy Crawford is at the door....she
wants to play radio again....

--- Bill_Ames@hyperion.com wrote:

> Has anyone experimented with temporarily replacing
> the signal generated by the
> Scout PTO with one from an external signal generator
> of some quality? It seems
> to me that this might be an interesting experiment.
> I am sure that the impure
> signal might have elements that could fall outside
> the requirements for a ham
> transmitter and might add noise that would be very
> noticeable in the receive
> side. However one would think that a high quality
> lab type signal generator
> would not cause these problems. And then somewhere
> in the middle might be a
> small, inexpensive signal source that would work.
> Perhaps even one that might be
> just computer controlled. I see a box sitting next
> to the scout connected to my
> computer via a serial port to the scout via a BNC
> connector....
>

> Bill  Ames
> KB1LG
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search:
> http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.