[TenTec] [Q] Temp ctrl Fan available?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [Q] Temp ctrl Fan available?
From: w5yr@swbell.net (George T. Baker)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:17:04 -0500
Back in the old Heathkit and Drake days I simply used a small muffin fan
placed on top of the chassis over the transmitter tubes to help exhaust
some of the heat. Such fans are almost noiseless. I would think that
using such a fan on the Pegasus would do the job without worrying about
turning it off and on with heatsink temperature.

These fans are available at most of the surplus houses that sell surplus
electronics - they are usually dirt cheap and last forever, especially if
you use a small dropping resistor to lower the speed to about 1/2 to 2/3.

72/73, George        AMA 98452          R/C since 1964
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
AutoPOWER Systems, Fairview, TX (30 mi NE Dallas)  Collin County
QRP-L QRP-ARCI FISTS NORCAL ZOMBIE ARS 10-X  33.2 N 96.6 W EM13RE