[TenTec] Pegasus Responses

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Responses
From: wa1rd@home.com (David Ward)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:14:25 -0400
Geesh,
I didn't think my post would turn into an inquisition! Let's see if I can
remember the questions:
1) "Other" and still my main rig is a FT-990
2) Antenna is a coax fed dipole.
3} Perhaps RF was getting back via the linear Astron 20 amp supply - but I
am using the same leads and same location for the new switcher. BTW, the
Astron switcher is quiet as a church mouse. No birdies that I can detect.
Switcher technology has come a long way over the past few years. $119 for a
25 amp continuous (quiet) supply is great I think.
4) I am basically a rag chewer, on the air a couple of hours in the morning
(3.818 and 3.999) and anywhere on the lower end of 80 phone in the evening
for a couple of hours. I tell you what, Ten Tec owes me some commission
money because I have sold several units already that I know of! When I get
on I find people very interested in the radio and have a positive response
to it. They ask me a lot of questions. I admit to being very enthusiastic
about this radio - much more so than I ever expected. It feels great being
happy about an AMERICAN built amateur product that is truly a great value.
5) My plans for the radio (after the initial Gee-Wow wears off is to one of
several radios controlled by a fairly powerful computer dedicated to the
shack. I want to try some of the new digital modes on the upper bands.
6) Since my vision is deteriorating rapidly (I need the big characters on
the screen to see), I would like to try to write some code for this bad boy.
I hope Ten Tec is forthcoming in opening up the source code. I believe that
would really ingratiate them to the US Amateur population and only further
accelerate their sales of Pegasus. They have a wonderful opportunity in
their hands right now - I pray they don't blow it.
Any further questions, email me at:  wa1rd@home.com