[TenTec] Elmer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Elmer
From: pfb@eriecoast.com (Paul)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:44:45 -0400
I don't even want to raise the question.  I just thought that there would be
more hams than myself who have or had faced or will face these questions
(probably many more)!!  Where is one to go to find out factual
information?----"wasted band width"----Just buy!  Don't question it to
death.  I referred to blind action in earlier posts and still say it is fine
and great!  You can check ---  It is a great way to do business,  I just
want to learn more while I make choices.  I cannot do this 2,3, 4 or more
times like some can.  Unfortunately  It pretty much is a 1 time shot --
maybe ------just maybe there could be a second chance on a larger model if I
buy right and do not lose any on the upgrade.  But overall it is a one shot
deal.  And if I make a mistake I do not dump on another Ham operator my
screw up!  I just do not live life like that.  If you can,  ok but I will
end up living with whatever choice I make and not pass along the mistake to
haunt another operator.

How in the world is one supposed to know what is to be believed and whom do
you ask to find out the correct information or at least track down the
required info to make an intelligant choice?  If it would be proper to ask
the manufacturer the questions that I have posed it would be a very biased
and slanted view towards their product.  If the question on power
consumption requires input from the manufacturer than so be it,  Advise such
and I will check and see what they indicate, and then I will follow it up
with a post to let others know.  How in the world was I to know that the
standard is not under full load----I assumed that this is under full power
output but now I have been enlightened and I understand that "assume
anything" is just being an ass!   So current draw is an arbitrary rating on
literature and that the manufacturer could list just about anything on their
ads.  What if someone used that as a guide and and at full powere ouput the
wiring overloaded and burned the house down??  Do you think the company that
publised that could be held  liable??   Just Additional thoughts!  It would
seem that there would be accurate published information regarding this just
because of this kind of liability.  What do I know though>It is just wasted
bandwidth,.

This is what I see as a complete and rational understanding of a new
interest and hobby.  Many may want to fluff this off but I think that the
requests have been short, direct and sincere in search of answers that other
hams have faced and could not resolve.  The solution was to end up just
picking.  Almost like flipping a coin.

I do not want to waste any time or "bandwidth" on tiddle bit stuff---I do
realize that Tentec operators are a cut above.   Excuse me in this quest for
knowledge.
Heaven forbide -- what would happen if I waste bandwidth?  Maybe I'll use up
the internet!!

Ham Operators----I have another question but I do not want to get the
members of the board annoyed!!