[TenTec] Model 315 Receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 315 Receiver
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (winjones@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 18:21:26 -0500 (CDT)
On 10/03/99 18:44:55 you wrote:

>I picked up a TT 315 receiver today at the hamfest. It resembles the
>receiver in the  Triton series having the 4 pole xtal filter and two
>position audio filter for cw. It works very well but I didn't get any
>manual. It's got some interesting jacks on the back and I wonder if
>someone with a manual could help me determine their function.
>They are:
>Carrier....An RCA jack labled "carrier" What carrier?
>VFO:......Another RCA jack labled "VFO"  is this in or out?
>TR..........RCA jack labled "tr" possible for muting?
>Sidetone...RCA jack labled "sidetone" assume you feed one in here?
>
>I love the way this baby sounds. Looks like a good match for my
>Tx-100!
>Steve N4LQ
>

>--

I never owned the TT Model 315, but I'd guess the carrier is a jack for a
key to practice code. The TR is probably as you guessed, to mute the
receiver during transmit. The sidetone is to bring sidetone in from
transmitter. I believe Ten-Tec made this receiver to work with the TX-100
transmitter. They also made the RX-10 to go with the transmitter. I have an
RX-10. It's a cheaper direct conversion receiver. I'm not sure what the VFO
would be. I don't think you could use the VFO into the TX-100, because I
believe the 315 was similar to the Triton receivers and used a 5 MHz range
VFO for all bands. Anybody else know?

73, Winston K4CWQ