[TenTec] Model 315 Receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 315 Receiver
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:25:48 -0400
The 315 receiver covers 80. 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters. It seems to be a
Triton without a transmitter. It has a built in 110vac power supply
and inputs/outputs to be used in transceive with the TX-100. It's
ssb/cw only. An interesting feature is the "offset" control on the
front panel. It acts like RIT and probably will be needed to provide
an offset when used with the transmitter. I'll be glad to figure out
the vfo and carrier jacks on the back. I have a feeling that when the
tr signal is applied to the tr jack, the receiver mutes and through
some magic mixing system produces the proper frequencies to act as a
vfo. My freq counter is busted so I can't do much checking but maybe
I'll just try it and see what happens.
Steve N4LQ